Bing Shopping Listings: Show Your Products for Free in the Bing Shopping Tab
If you are planning to launch a Shopping Campaign on Microsoft Ads for your Online Store, you should know about another useful feature that you may use for free. This is Microsoft Free Product Listings. Thanks to this you can display ads with products for free.
The base principles of Microsoft Free Listings are very similar to Google Free Listings. We wrote a step-by-step guide on how to list your products for free on Google Shopping.
Why It’s Important
eCommerce is growing and will continue to do so. So it’s important to learn about new e-commerce advertising platforms, channels and tools that can increase your sales. Especially when it’s free.
All you need to get free impressions on Bing Shopping Tab is to set up a product feed on Microsoft Merchant Center.
Note: it takes some time for Bing Shopping ads to start getting traffic and start driving your target audience to your online store effectively. Enabled free listings will allow you to retain your target audience and show them product cards for free.
How It Looks Like
How To Set Up Bing Product Listings
It will be enough to do all the same as for the setting Merchant Center on Microsoft Ads to set up the placement of your products in the free listings on Microsoft search. Namely: create and set up a Microsoft Merchant Center account, prepare and upload a data feed.
We won’t go into that process in detail in this article, but you can read all the details in our article on Bing Shopping Ads.
Make sure your product feed will be shown for free on Bing Shopping Tab after you set up a Microsoft Merchant Center and added the product data feed. To do this: go to the Product Listings tab and make sure that Free Product Listings are enabled in your Microsoft Merchant Center settings.
Now you know how to use Free Product Listings on Microsoft Ads. Don’t hesitate to ask your questions in the comment section, we’ll be happy to answer them!
Read our article on Bing Shopping vs Google Shopping if you want to choose the best platform for your e-commerce store.
Visit our eCommerce PPC library and find more valuable guides and our cases.
We provide professional Microsoft Ads management services and our experts can set up Microsoft Free Product Listings for your eCommerce business. If it makes sense for you, please reach out to us here.
What types of products can be listed on Bing Shopping Listings?
The requirements for products that can be shown for free are the same as for paid listings. Bing Shopping Listings allow for a wide range of products to be listed, including electronics, fashion, beauty, home goods, and more. However, Bing does have some restrictions on the types of products that can be listed, such as firearms, explosives, tobacco products, and adult items. Additionally, products that violate copyright or trademark laws are not permitted.
Is it worth it to advertise on Bing?
The decision depends on your business’s unique situation and marketing goals. Here are a few things to consider:
- Bing generally has a smaller audience than Google, so it may not be the best platform for businesses targeting a broad audience.
- However, Bing can be a good choice for businesses targeting specific demographics or niches, as well as those with a smaller advertising budget. Bing’s ad platform often has lower cost-per-click (CPC) rates than Google, which means you can potentially get more clicks and conversions for your money.
- Bing’s ad platform also has some unique features, such as the ability to target users by device type, operating system, and even time of day. This can be useful for businesses with highly specific target audiences.
If you’re already running ads on Google, it may be worth testing Bing as an additional channel to see if it drives additional traffic and conversions. Just like on Google, displaying ads for free in the Bing Shopping Tab will increase the visibility of your product which can lead to more sales.
Is Bing Ads better than Google Ads?
Both platforms have their own strengths and weaknesses, so it’s important to consider your unique circumstances before making a decision.
Google Ads is the dominant player in the search engine advertising market. This means that if you want to reach a larger audience and generate more traffic to your website, Google Ads may be the better choice.
On the other hand, Bing Ads may be a better choice for certain niches or industries, particularly those that have a higher percentage of older or less tech-savvy users. Bing Ads also tends to have lower competition and cost-per-click than Google Ads, so it may be a more cost-effective option for smaller businesses.
What are the disadvantages of Bing?
- Bing has a smaller user base compared to Google, which means your potential audience is limited.
- Bing has a lower search volume than Google, which means you may get fewer impressions and clicks on your ads.
- Bing has fewer features compared to Google, particularly when it comes to search operators, which can make advanced searches more difficult.
Overall, while Bing can be a useful alternative search engine, it may not be the best choice for everyone.
How to audit a Microsoft Shopping campaign?
To audit a Microsoft Shopping campaign, follow these steps:
- Review the campaign structure to ensure it aligns with your business goals. Make sure that the ad groups are organized by product category and that your product feed is properly connected.
- Check the targeting settings to ensure that the campaign is targeting the right audience based on geographic locations, languages, and device types.
- Analyze the ad settings to ensure that your product titles and descriptions are accurate and up-to-date.
- Review the performance data, including the click-through rate (CTR), conversion rate, and return on ad spend (ROAS). Analyze the data to identify areas of improvement and make adjustments to your campaign accordingly.
- Ensure that your Microsoft Shopping campaign is fully integrated with your website and that the checkout process is seamless for customers.
You can also ask us for a free audit of your campaign.
While you are setting up Microsoft advertising campaigns or if they are not yet giving the desired result, you can set up Microsoft free listings. After that, you will immediately start receiving free traffic and orders.
Performance Marketing Specialist. Working with PPC since 2016. Specializes in Google & Microsoft paid traffic for eCommerce & B2B projects. In love with analysis. When not launching effective Ad campaigns, she is reading up on the latest in eCommerce and data tracking last trends.