How to Use ChatGPT in Marketing
ChatGPT is a great free tool that can help us automate many routine marketing tasks. Let’s have a look at some of them that will definitely save your time and energy.
- What Is ChatGPT?
- How to Automate Routine Marketing Tasks With ChatGPT
- Conduct Market Research
- Manage SEO: Keyword Clustering With ChatGPT
- Create Articles and Posts for Social Media
- Write Emails
- Create Effective Ad Copy
- Create FAQ
- Create Sitemap for E-commerce Sites
- Get a Detailed Ad Campaign Strategy
- Write Meta Descriptions for Blog Posts
- Make Scripts for Tik Tok
- Generate Ideas for Your Blog
What Is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is an AI tool created by OpenAI. Since the moment ChatGPT was released it has gone viral.
ChatGPT is a conversational robot that was trained on a huge amount of text data and it interacts with us as if it were a real person. You can ask it questions like “Creative ideas for a 15-year-old’s birthday” and immediately get a list of ideas. The robot also writes essays, poems, songs, answer test questions and many other things.
The chatbot isn’t perfect and has some limitations:
- Limited knowledge of the world after 2021.
- It may occasionally provide misleading information or harmful instructions.
Here is what Elon Musk thinks about ChatGPT:
ChatGPT is scary good. We are not far from dangerously strong AI.— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) December 3, 2022
How to Automate Routine Marketing Tasks With ChatGPT
We’ve put together 11 examples of how ChatGPT can be used in marketing. It is important to understand that this AI does not replace people, but helps processes. It’s especially useful as a starting point.
ChatGPT can be both an incredible source of inspiration and a tool to successfully complete a task.
1. Conduct Market Research
With ChatGPT, you can conduct market research in no time. We asked it to provide the top 7 American companies in the e-commerce outdoors industry and here is what we got:
2. Manage SEO: Keyword Clustering With ChatGPT
You can successfully utilize ChatGPT while managing your site’s SEO. For example, it’s easy to generate topics related to keywords, manage lists of keywords (classify, cluster, translate).
We asked the robot to cluster a list of keywords into groups based on their semantic relevance:
Here is the result we got:
3. Create Articles and Posts for Social Media
ChatGPT can help you create articles and posts for social media. It’s a valuable tool if you run out of ideas on what and how to write.
For example, you want to write an article about PPC trends in 2023. ChatGPT can suggest alternatives to this headline to make it more interesting for future readers. Moreover, if you ask the robot to create the article outline (table of contents), this task will be completed in just 3 seconds:
Here we asked the chat to prepare an Instagram post about how to create a customer profile. We asked it to write in short sentences and provided the target audience. ChatGPT also included relevant emojis and hashtags:
4. Write Emails
Need to write an email in a few seconds? Never been so easy! We asked ChatGPT to write a cold email to publish a free guest post on a site. We specified how long the email should be:
5. Create Effective Ad Copy
Make your ad copy more attractive to your potential customers. Let’s show you an example of how you can write more effective headlines. We asked ChatGPT to write 5 headlines with better CTR (clickthrough rate) than the one we provided:
Create several powerful variants of call to action (CTA) for your ad campaign:
6. Create FAQ
Create FAQ in no time to answer questions your target audience may be curious about! Below the robot generated 7 answers and questions for Columbia Sportswear:
7. Create Sitemap for E-commerce Sites
E-commerce sites can also benefit from ChatGPT. For example, it can create a sitemap for an online store. We asked the AI to do this for a brand that will sell earrings on Etsy:
Did you know that Shopify is the world’s most popular e-commerce platform for building online stores? Learn more invaluable insight in our article on key e-commerce statistics.
8. Get a Detailed Ad Campaign Strategy
We asked the robot to generate a Facebook ads campaign strategy for an online store including copy, format, targeting, optimization, etc. A short description of the target audience is also included. We got a detailed strategy:
Check out our article on e-commerce PPC strategy to learn how to make your digital advertising perform better.
9. Write Meta Descriptions for Blog Posts
ChatGPT will create a meta description for your blog post. Look at the meta description the chat created for a yoga blog post:
10. Make Scripts for Tik Tok
The AI can even make scripts for Tik Tok! We asked it to write a script for a Tik Tok influencer to promote chocolate bars that are sugar-free and contain only natural ingredients:
11. Generate Ideas for Your Blog
Faced with a lack of inspiration and can’t come up with new topics for your blog? ChatGPT can fix this.
First, get your sitemap (a list of your website URLs). You can use either of two ways to do this: go to Search Console and find it there or just enter your website URL in the browser and add /sitemap.xml or /sitemap_index.xml.
You need your blog posts. Copy all of them. You can use Google Sheets.
The next step is to paste the posts into the chat and ask it to suggest new topics for your blog. It will analyze existing articles and generate new ideas:
Thus, you will have many ideas for new posts. In addition, your site has every chance to rank higher, as there will be many relevant articles on the blog.
ChatGPT saves a lot of our time by automating numerous tasks. But we shouldn’t worry that it’s created to replace marketers and other digital specialists — ChatGPT is to assist us with routine matters.
Check out other valuable articles and guides in our e-commerce PPC library.
How to use ChatGPT?
- Go to the ChatGPT page and click “Try ChatGPT”.
- Sign up using your Google or Microsoft account. You can also create an account manually by entering your email address.
- After entering your name you will be asked to provide your phone number.
- Click “Send code” to verify your phone number. Enter the code you received.
- To use ChatGPT, send it a prompt in natural language and it will generate a response based on its training.
How can I use ChatGPT for Shopify?
Your Shopify store can benefit from ChatGPT in various ways. Here are just a few examples:
- Product descriptions: Use it to generate unique and compelling product descriptions.
- Customer service: Use it to build a chatbot for customer service to assist shoppers with questions, inquiries and support.
- Automated order fulfillment: Use it to automate order fulfillment, freeing up time and resources for other tasks.
Is ChatGPT free?
You can use ChatGPT for free now. Also, there is a new subscription plan, ChatGPT Plus, that will be available to customers in the United States for $20/month. Subscribers will enjoy a number of benefits such as priority access to new features, faster response times, and access to the chat even during peak times.
Why is my ChatGPT not working?
There could be a variety of reasons why your ChatGPT may not be working. Some common issues include high traffic, server issues, corrupt browser cache or cookies, and slow internet connection. You might want to try a different browser or clear the cookies. You can also ask ChatGPT Support for advice.
How to use ChatGPT for Google Ads?
Here are two examples of using ChatGPT for Google Ads:
- Get a list of keywords: the robot can write relevant keywords for your ad campaign. It’s also very helpful when you run out of ideas for new keywords and synonyms.
- Create compelling copy: ChatGPT can give you some ideas for headlines and descriptions.
Marketing Specialist and Content Writer at Lira Agency. I enjoy creating valuable and informative content for our clients and visitors. I spend my free time reading books on marketing and psychology.